Q: Can we use cruise control if our rear shaft is removed?

We removed a broken rear drive shaft to continue a road trip using 4WD- as instructed by multiple mechanics. Can we use cruise control?

You should be able to use the cruise control without a problem if your driveshaft was removed. The real problem is that the front axle assembly is locked in 4 wheel drive and driving on the highway may cause a jerking in the steering when going into tight turns. You should not drive the vehicle this way for extended periods on the highway or transfer case damage may occur.