Q: Can the throttle body brake or get damaged by opening flywheel while the battery is still connected?

The a stutter when first trying to start and then when started it stalls out and idles wrong

Hi there:

One of the most important safety regulations any mechanic follows is to remove the battery power before working on any engine component. In your question, you asked if it’s possible for the throttle body to be damaged Please refer to step #1 in this article if you disconnect the flywheel without removing the battery; (if i’m interpreting the question correctly). The truth is that any of the electrical components on your 2005 Nissan Sentra could have been damaged if this occurred. If you’re having problems with your Nissan starting or running correctly, you should have a professional mechanic complete an electrical problems inspection so that they can determine what’s wrong and recommend the correct repairs.

• Can the throttle body brake or get damaged by opening flywheel while the battery is still connected?