Q: Can't pump gas, keeps shutting off

I'm having problems putting gas in my car. I replaced the charcoal canister the purge valve and still wont pump

A: Hi, thanks for writing in. I’d be happy to ...

Hi, thanks for writing in. I’d be happy to help. This is an issue that may be related to the gas pump itself or to the car. As you know the evaporation canister vents the fumes to allow you to fill up. There is also a pressure sensor inside the car that detects this. When this is not working properly, this will also cause this to happen and cause the gas pump filler to kick off.

If you would like help, consider having an expert automotive technician from YourMechanic come to your home or office to inspect and diagnose this issue for you, and make or suggest any repairs as needed.