Exception in rendering!

Message: window is not defined

ReferenceError: window is not defined
    at new c (/tmp/execjs20161208-55793-pi6otujs:136:3912)
    at m.mountComponent (/tmp/execjs20161208-55793-pi6otujs:47:15602)
    at /tmp/execjs20161208-55793-pi6otujs:49:31860
    at a.r.perform (/tmp/execjs20161208-55793-pi6otujs:47:12503)
    at Object.a [as renderToString] (/tmp/execjs20161208-55793-pi6otujs:49:31821)
    at r (/tmp/execjs20161208-55793-pi6otujs:50:21164)
    at Object.S.ReactOnRails.serverRenderReactComponent (/tmp/execjs20161208-55793-pi6otujs:32:6073)
    at eval (eval at <anonymous> (/tmp/execjs20161208-55793-pi6otujs:173:8), <anonymous>:10:23)
    at eval (eval at <anonymous> (/tmp/execjs20161208-55793-pi6otujs:173:8), <anonymous>:17:3)
    at /tmp/execjs20161208-55793-pi6otujs:173:8

Q: Can't Figure Out Engine Noise

Hi there! For the past 6-8 months, I've noticed that my car sounds like it's working really hard to do the things it used to do with ease. I have no difficulty or delay in starting the vehicle, but once it's on, there's a loud, low-pitched roar/grumble/growl type of sound, coming from the alternator area under the hood. It happens when I start the car, the car is idling, and especially when I am accelerating. No noise on braking, turning, or coasting. There is no vibration or funny smells. I drive this car about 150 miles every day, to and from school. I have had transmission fluid & filter replacement and flush recently, I use fuel injector cleaner every 3,000 miles, I have the oil changed every 2 months exactly, my battery appears to be in good shape, I just got new tires, and I've never been in a collision in this car. Shocks and struts have been replaced before so they shouldn't be worn, water pump was replaced recently, and all fluid levels are maintained carefully. I'm lost!

A: Typically, I would perform an initial diagn...

Typically, I would perform an initial diagnosis by disconnecting the serpentine belt and operating the engine for a minute. That belt drives a lot of devices that can make a lot of noise and thus a whole collection of possibilities can be dealt with quickly in one fell swoop. If by chance the noise does go away by eliminating all belt-driven devices, then you know the noise is from a belt driven accessory or pulley and it's easy to trace from there. If the noise remains, the I would have a certified technician, such as one from YourMechanic, diagnose the noise in person so that this can be addressed appropriately.