Q: Can not remove rear tire

Have a flat on that passenger rear tire and can not get it off to put spare on

A: What is causing you to be unable to remove ...

What is causing you to be unable to remove the tire? If all of the lug nuts have been removed and the tire will not come off, there may be a lip of rust keeping the wheel from moving. In many cases, a strong couple of kicks are enough to jar the wheel loose. Be careful and try not to hurt yourself in the process.

If the metal cap has come off of the lug nut, you will need to buy a socket of a smaller size to remove the nuts without rounding them off. The metal cap is the equivalent of about 1 mm, so a socket one size smaller should work. If the lug nut is a 19mm, use 18mm. If the lug nut is a 22mm, use a 21 or 20mm socket.

If you need some help with getting this done, consider YourMechanic, as a certified technician can come to your location to service your tire at your own convenience. Good luck!