Q: Can not drive in rain because window won't close

I am unable to drive in rainy and inclement weather because of my windows. The regulator failed in the right-front window and I was told by the tech that this is a recurring problem. Also, the regulator in the right-rear window failed and the window will not stay closed. Before I have these repaired, can you tell me how you would fix them and prevent recurring failures? Thank you.

A: Hello. Once you replace a window regulator ...

Hello. Once you replace a window regulator you shouldn't have to replace the regulator again until about 6-9 years have passed. Instead of replacing the entire window regulator on your vehicle you may be able to replace the wiring if the wiring is what is at fault. They do have window wiring repair kits available for your Land Rover Freelander. A great cost efficient place to get a new window regulator if needed is through YourMechanic.