Q: Can my vehicle by dinghy towed?

Can my vehicle by dinghy towed?

A: It is recommended that you not dinghy tow y...

It is recommended that you not dinghy tow your vehicle.

Tip

Neither an automatic nor a manual should be dinghy towed in a backwards position.

Q: Hard shift when I take off

The first question that comes to mind regarding this issue is if the parking brake is being operated and if it is being operated correctly. Automatic transmissions use a pin, called a parking pawl, to lock the transmission in place...

Q: What if I can’t shift out of park?

Like all modern cars, yours is equipped with a shift interlock system that’s designed to prevent the car from being put into gear if the brake lights aren’t working. If the brake light switch fails, the lock will activate and...

Q: How do I unauthorize a key fob that I lost?

Each of your key fobs is programmed specifically to work with your car. No other key fob will work with your vehicle. If you lose your key fob, or fear that it may be stolen, you want to unauthorized it,...