Q: Can my cvs assemblys go out around the same time

No problem took it in to mechanic to check brakes and they said they both needed replaced?

It is possible for them to both go out at the same time, especially if the CV protective boots are both cracked or broken allowing dirt and debris to get inside the CV joints. The CV joint is packed with a special grease and sealed tight with the rubber or plastic boot, that is held in place with two clamps. The most common problem with the CV joints is when the protective boot cracks or gets damaged. Once this happens, the grease comes out and moisture and dirt get in, causing the CV joint to wear faster and eventually fail due to lack of lubrication and corrosion. When the CV joint becomes damaged or worn, you may hear a clicking or popping sound coming from this area. I would recommend having an expert from YourMechanic come to your location to diagnose and inspect your CV joints.