Q: can manual transmission with low fluid slip gears

When moving forward it goes in to 1 just fine but then i go in to 2 it grabs and then slips i have decided its not the clutch is stalls like it suppose to, but the rear drive line has been out for a day or so of driving. so i am thinking it has a fluid low level, so can a manual transmission slip with lower tranny fluid

If you are driving your truck with the rear driveshaft removed then you are feeling the transfer case slipping internally since this vehicle has internal clutches in the transfer case that let the front and rear driveshafts equalize. You are damaging the transfer case if you continue to drive with rear driveshaft removed.

3. can manual transmission with low fluid slip gears