Q: Can it be the alternator?

Car wont accelerate, it also wont turn over. I drove it perfectly fine and all of sudden it wont accelerate. Im thinking it could be the alternator.

Hey there. This may be related to a couple of different issues. The acceleration problem would not be something related to an alternator problem since the alternator is part of your vehicle’s charging system and is not affected by the fuel system which governs acceleration. The vehicle’s ability to turn over may be related to the battery being dead or many other things depending on the symptoms. Without further detail, this may be tough to diagnose without having physically inspecting the car. If you would like to have this checked, a qualified professional from YourMechanic can come to your car’s location to diagnose the acceleration issue and let you know what needs to be done.

3. Can it be the alternator?