Q: Can I Use a Universal Switch in My Car?

Can I use a universal switch in my car?

3. Can I Use a Universal Switch in My Car?

Q: Changed alternator and battert, light still on and car dieing

This may suggest a bad grounding issue or potentially a failing voltage regulator. This is a unit that regulates the charging of the battery by the alternator. Often times this will result in the alternator allowing too much power to...

Q: Car immobilizer issue or faulty ignition switch?

If the vehicle is getting power and the light are coming on the dash, then the immobilizer has the ignition system disabled. Check the fuel cut off switch (vehicle safety switch) and see if it has been tripped. If the...

Q: Trying to start the car yields only loud clicks but the battery and starter are good

Bench testing a starter motor, unloaded, can sometimes be unreliable. This is because there is usually a Bendix drive in a starter motor which if failed will be undetectable because the starter motor will still spin and draw normal current-...