Q: Can i swap motors from one honda civic to another?

i have a broke down 95 honda civic and the shop i took it to says it needs a new engine. is it posible or even worth it to take an engine from aoyher 95 civic and put it in my car or should i just take my car to the junk yard?

A: The engine swap may cost more than what the...

The engine swap may cost more than what the car is worth. You know the shape the car is in and with over 300k miles the suspension may be worn out if major repairs were not done to it. I would recommend pricing the repair versus what the value of what the car would be worth after paying for the repairs. If you’d like a second opinion on this, have a certified technician, such as one from YourMechanic, inspect your car, assess it’s worth, and suggest what to do from there.