Q: Can I swap an XR6 to an XR8 Engine?

I'm wanting to swap xr6 gas engine to a xr8 engine petrol or gas, would it swap over and what's the price to do this??????

A: There are a variety of opinions out there, ...

There are a variety of opinions out there, some of them encouraging since the XR6 and XR8 are variations of the Ford Falcon (Australia) product line. There are, however, enough differences (electronic controllers, transmission, front subframe and some suspension bits), that this seems a potentially complex and expensive project. Also, I don’t know what the legal and emissions compliance standards might be for such a swap (nevermind insurance), but that is probably a consideration as well. If someone dropped off a crashed XR8 in your garage so that you have "everything," this might be doable. If you are an experienced, hard-core fabricator and master mechanic, go for it! Otherwise, the prevailing opinion is "sell your XR6, and go buy an XR8." Whatever path you choose, good luck!