Q: Can I swap an engine from a 2011 nitro to my 2001 ram?

I want to purchase a 2001 ram 1500 with a bad engine. I currently have the engine out of a wrecked 2011 dodge nitro. Will the engine fit straight into the ram or will it be to much of a hassle? The engine out of the nitro is a 3.7 v6 I believe. And I also have the tranny as well.

This is not a straight across swap and may require a bit of modification and fabrication. The transmission, transfer case and driveshaft and much of the electronics in the 3.7 are different and would require some modifying. Unfortunately, this kind of a swap may cost more money to make the swap than the truck may be worth at the end of the day.