Q: Can i swap a motor i have a dodge ram 1500 laramie slt 5.9 i want to put a motor from a same kind of truck only that motor 2.5

My dodge ram has a motor 5.9 im tryin to put a 5.2 same kind of truc only the vin number series my ends with a W n the other with Z

Hi Music. Thanks for sending the question today. You’ll likely have to change motor mounts, the torque converter, and flywheel - as well as reprogram the ECU in order for this swap to work correctly. It would be a good idea for you to consult with a Dodge engine machine shop or specialist for their recommendation - as they are better equipped to provide this service.

3. Can i swap a motor i have a dodge ram 1500 laramie slt 5.9 i want to put a motor from a same kind of truck only that motor 2.5