Q: Can I ride my car with a bad oil pan for at least a month until Ican get the MONEY TO GET IT FIXED

My car is in the shop the mechanic told me that I have a collapsed water pump which is getting replaced. He also said that my oil was leaking a lot and that it would need a rear seal oil pan . My warrenty doesn't cover the oil pan My question is can I drive my car for 1 month until I can get the money to get the oil pan replaced???

Hello. If the mechanic at your garage is telling you that the oil leak is severe, I would highly recommend replacing that as soon as possible and not to drive your vehicle until it has been fixed. Leaking oil from a cracked or damaged oil pan or rear seal can increase due to heat and excessive driving. It also will cause internal component damage as the engine will rapidly loose oil pressure and lubrication. An oil leak from the pan is one that should be resolved ASAP and without further driving if possible.

3. Can I ride my car with a bad oil pan for at least a month until Ican get the MONEY TO GET IT FIXED