Q: Can I replace a leaky radiator with a used one or should I get a new Ford radiator?

I have a slow leak in the radiator where the transmission attaches to the radiator. Both Ford and a local shop says I need to replace the radiator. Ford says replace only with a new Ford radiator. $750 plus labor. Local shop says used $750 total cost max. Your opinion?

A: Hey there, thanks for writing in about your...

Hey there, thanks for writing in about your 2008 Ford F-350. I would check to see if the radiator is available aftermarket first. I would not go with a used one, since you never know what you will get. If you cannot get an aftermarket part, then a new one is the way to go. If you end up wanting a new radiator, consider YourMechanic, as a certified technician can come to your car's location to replace the radiator for you.