Q: Can i put a moter out of a 200 LP2 Pontiac grand am 3.8 and put it in a 1995 pontiac

motor swap
My car's transmission is unknown to me.

A: Hello. Judging from the information you hav...

Hello. Judging from the information you have provided, it is likely possible, however, probably not practical to swap that engine into that vehicle. Swapping from a 4 cylinder to a 6 cylinder engine will require an entirely new engine management system, wiring harness, emission system, transmission, drive axles, as well as many other components. In some cases custom modifications even have to be made to the chassis or engine. If you need to swap the engine I would recommend sourcing a donor car of the same generation and engine setup as the original. If you'd like to upgrade to a 6 cylinder, swapping one from a donor car of the same generation may be easier, provided that all the necessary parts are carried over.