Q: Can I patch a flat tire?

We got a flat, my husband says they don't fix tires anymore, my dad says that is what we need to do. ....need some expert advice, should we be able to fix it if the tread is ok or not?

Well - here is the good news - both your husband and dad are partially right. Tire stores still repair flat tires, however there are several restrictions. In general, a flat tire can be repaired as long as their is a puncture in the center 80% of the tires tread. If it’s on the outside edge or the sidewall, they can’t be fixed for legal reasons. If the tire has more than 2/32nd’s in tread depth around the entire tire’s tread (meaning no uneven tire wear) it may be repaired. If the tire does not have a run flat; which is when the tire sidewall starts to burn because of excessive heat because of the flat, it’ can’t be repaired. The best way to determine this to visit a local tire store you trust. If you replace tires, make sure you replace (2) at a time.

3. Can I patch a flat tire?