Q: Can I have my door open light disconnected?

My door open light stays on because when I close my door (driver's side) the rubber plug was broken. I had it replaced however because I have caught my seat belt buckle in the door multiple times the area is dented. My seat belt doesn't recoil. Instead of paying over $100.00 I would prefer to have that light disconnected. Thank you.

Hi there. If the door light on the bottom of the door is not shutting off, then you would need to check the door latch switch. See if the switch has power coming out of it when its closed. If so, then the door latch switch needs replaced on the door that has the light on. If you need further assistance with the door light not turning off, then seek out a professional, such as one from Your Mechanic, to help you.

3. Can I have my door open light disconnected?