Q: Can I get front upper ball joints for our 2007 Ford Edge? I don't need the entire control arms, for they don't need to be replaced

I need to buy just the front upper ball joints for our 2007 Edge. We don't need to replace the control arms because they're fine. Apparently the previous car owner didn't provide adequate care of ball joints because the rubber is completely gone on both of them. Therefore I want to purchase without control arms. Where can I purchase them? I know it can be done but they rarely sell them separately from the control arm because they're trying to make a profit, but I don't want to pay for something I don't need. Can you assist me?

My car has an automatic transmission. My car is AWD.

The front suspension system on the Edge incorporates a strut assembly that takes the place of the upper arm and ball joint. There is a lower arm assembly though on your vehicle. If you desire to replace just the ball joints in the lower arms, Moog, AC-Delco and Mevotech all vend these lower arm ball joints separately. You’ll want to very carefully evaluate the rubber bushings in the existing arm though though. Generally, rubber based products (control arm bushings) are at the end of their service life once you get to 6-8 years or so. If wear in the rubber allows the control arm to move even .020 inches, it can make it technically impossible to align the vehicle. The tolerances are very small in front end alignment. If you desire that this issue be inspected and resolved by a certified mechanic, please request ball joint replacement and the responding certified mechanic will address all of your concerns. If you have further questions, do not hesitate to re-contact YourMechanic as we are always here to help you.

3. Can I get front upper ball joints for our 2007 Ford Edge? I don't need the entire control arms, for they don't need to be replaced