Q: Can I drive my vehicle safely on the highway without the driver side stabilizer bar

Can I drive my vehicle safely on the highway without the driver side stabilizer bar or stabalizer link, it bent and needs replacement

Vehicles are designed to operate with all of it’s components in the proper physical and mechanical order. Any component that is worn or damaged, can effect vehicle handling. The duty of the sway bar link is to connect the sway bar to the left and right suspension in order to reduce body roll - the amount the vehicle leans in curves or turns. If the sway bar is improperly connected, or not connected at all, the way the vehicle handles in turns or curves will be effected. For this reason, it can be considered "unsafe" to drive. In it’s current condition, it would most likely fail your local safety inspection.

Have a certified technician replace the sway bar link and inspect the rest of the suspension components as soon as possible.

• Can I drive my vehicle safely on the highway without the driver side stabilizer bar