Q: Can i drive my car even when the "engine power loss" alert turned on?

I am running my car on the highway, the drive will be about 180miles. My car suddenly got the "engine power reduce" alert. So i turned the car off. Then i started it again. And couldnt run my car for more than 10mph. So i turned it off again to check it. And now i started my car again and didnt have the problem. My question is, can i keep running my car? Or should i just leave it here?

Hi there. A Reduced Power light usually indicates a fairly serious problem with the throttle system. When this light illuminates the vehicle will often go into a “safe mode”, which will severely limit the speed of the car and in some cases will render the vehicle non-driveable. Since the Reduced Power light can trigger for a number of different reasons, tracking down the exact cause is extremely important, if the vehicle is not properly diagnosed and repaired, the Reduced Power light will trigger again, putting the vehicle in safe mode. I would recommend having a professional mechanic come to your location and complete a reduced power light inspection.

3. Can i drive my car even when the "engine power loss" alert turned on?