Q: Can I connect two batteries to my alternator without overworking it? Chevy Tahoe, 1997

Hooking up system in Tahoe and don't want to ruin the battery so I wanted to hook up second battery

Yes, your alternator is more than capable of charging two batteries with proper isolation of both. What will the batteries be used for? Do you want them both being operated and/or charged at the same time? The answers to these questions will help determine whether or not you need them isolated or charged and used simultaneously. I would suggest having a professional from YourMechanic come to your home to properly install this dual battery setup.

• Can I connect two batteries to my alternator without overworking it? Chevy Tahoe, 1997