Q: Can i change my ignition cylinder without any programming?

I lost my key so i wan to know if i can just change the ignition cylinder (its cheaper than buying a key) ? Im hesitant on changing it because the key has a chip transponder but i dont know if the chip transponder is connected to the whole vehicle or the key cylindrr only.

I would recommend contacting your local Jeep dealership to determine if any sort of programming is required. If so, unfortunately it will likely be more efficient to just buy a key. If the programming is not required, it would be best to replace the ignition cylinder. You might also check in your owner’s manual to see if it has any information on programming the key to the vehicle.