Q: Can I add oil that is not the right brand but is still 5W-30 synthetic instead of Mobil 1 0W-40 or Valvoline 5W-30?

Can I add oil that is not the right brand but is still 5W-30 synthetic instead of Mobil 1 0W-40 or Valvoline 5W-30? I am getting a change tomorrow but I wanted to drive about an hour and a half until then, and I wanted to top off my oil to avoid engine damage

Hi there. Sure, you should be more than fine to add a different brand oil to top off your levels; especially if you’re having the oil and filter replaced tomorrow.

3. Can I add oil that is not the right brand but is still 5W-30 synthetic instead of Mobil 1 0W-40 or Valvoline 5W-30?