Q: Can fuel pump be installed to high. Run out of gas with 4 gallons left

2005 escape runs out of gas with 4 gallons left. Gage stops at 1/4. Possibilities. Installed to high?

Hi Steven. Thanks for submitting your question tonight. If you are having fuel tank issues, it’s not due to the fuel pump location. The fuel pump is installed and attached to factory mounts. When the fuel tank is showing different numbers than what is actually in the tank, it’s typically due to a fuel sensor issue. If you recently had the fuel pump replaced, you should probably consult with the mechanic who completed this replacement to see if they can resolve the problem.

3. Can fuel pump be installed to high. Run out of gas with 4 gallons left