Q: Can ContiSport Contact 3s be combined with Extreme or Pro

I need to replace the two front tires on my car. It currently has ContiSport Contact 3s on the rear and ContiSport Contact 2s on the front. The tires are offset (front/rear). I was told this is the kind used originally, however the ContiSport 2s are no longer manufactured, but new ones can still be found. So I'm considering putting those on the front. I have also learned that there are two others that will work: Extreme or Pro. I want what is best for my car. My question is regarding the mixing of the brands. Are the Extreme and Pro all right to put on my car and can I put them on the rear and put the 3s on the front?

A: As long as the tires you purchase are the c...

As long as the tires you purchase are the correct size recommended by the manufacturer and the proper rating for the vehicle’s performance, then you should be fine. Even in the event you may have to use two completely different brands such as Continental and Michelin. The size and performance rating are the major contributing factor in how the vehicle will perform with the tires. Of course, any time you change your tires, have the alignment checked as well for the best tire wear.