Q: Can cold air intake increase horse power?

Does cold air intake actually increase the horse power or are those cars a waste of money?

A: For most people it is a waste of money beca...

For most people it is a waste of money because they can actually run worse. Cold air intake does work on race cars, but they are set up by professionals, they are run on dynamometers, and their computers are tuned for that. If you just go and buy one and slap it on the car, half the time your Check Engine Light will come on because the computer knows something is wrong and it flags the code and the car can't actually run quite as well.

Unless you are a pro with a dyno tune guy that can dyno tune your car and reprogram your computer, stay away from those things. People put them on and they make more noise and think it looks cool when they open the hood. But really, I've seen videos proving that it does not give more horse power if you don't tune them up.