Q: Can an oil dipstick swell?

Took the car to get the oil checked and the mechanic said the dipstick is swelling is this possible? And if so what should be done to fix it? Thanks

3. Can an oil dipstick swell?

Q: Q: Major oil leak

You may have an oil filter seal leaking and should check the filter to see if it is loose or leaking. If the filter is not leaking then the front crankcase seal is leaking and will need to have a...

Q: Q: Oil Light and Overheating.

The oil pressure light will usually come on when a few things could be happening. Either the motor is in fact low on oil, the oil pump could be failing or not pumping oil sufficiently or the oil pressure sending...

Q: Oil pressure light and strange noise when I accelerate past 2500 RPM

Anytime your oil pressure light comes on while driving, you should stop driving immediately and have your car checked out as soon as possible. The oil pressure warning light indicates that you have low oil pressure, which can cause severe...