Q: Can an automobile’s coolant system malfunction if a EWS Control unit is calibrated wrong?

Can an automobile’s coolant system malfunction if a new EWS Control unit is calibrated wrong?

Hi Bob. The EWS control unit is a security system, which to my knowledge has no relation or impact on the cooling system. The only thing that could impact the cooling system would be if for some reason the coolant temperature sensor is not able to relay information to the ECU due to a stored error code created by the EWS control programming - but that is highly unlikely. Without knowing what type of cooling system issues you’re having, it’s hard to provide you with the best advice here, but if the vehicle is overheating, it’s likely a mechanical problem or obstruction of debris in the cooling system. If we can help you diagnose the cooling system issue you’re having, please let us know.

3. Can an automobile’s coolant system malfunction if a EWS Control unit is calibrated wrong?