Q: can a remote car starter cause my rocker pressure to go bad?

i got a remote started on 12-28-16 then 2 weeks later my car is diagnosed with a bad rocker pressure switch. First the 4x4 indicator light was on out of nowhere, then the VSA and today the starter won't start car it was completely dead. and engine light was on. 2 weeks later and my car is not driving condition. I asked if the remote starter cause this problem and they said no, but my car was running just fine until i got this done. Please help me out and how do i go by proving it or getting this problem fix by them?

thanks

Hi there. When you have a remote starter installed, it can impact electrical systems or warning lights to illuminate. However, it shouldn’t cause a mechanical component like the rocker pressure switch to fail. Its more than likely that the this component failure simply occurred around the same time by coincidence. However, the other warning lights might indicate component failure or issues that should be inspected by a professional mechanic, by having them complete a check engine light inspection.

3. can a remote car starter cause my rocker pressure to go bad?