Q: Can a balance issue with the tires also cause the care to pulse or shake a little when breaking.

I just had my tires balanced. The place I went to has balanced my tires incorrectly a year ago. Causing me to take it to another place to have the job corrected. I went to them again and I feel I may be experiencing the same issue. The difference is that this time I not only feel a slight shaking with speeds above 40 but also on occasion when breaking. Can a balance issue cause an occasional shake when breaking?

A: Hi, thanks for writing in. A poor tire bala...

Hi, thanks for writing in. A poor tire balance will not cause the pulsation when you hit the brakes. This might be from the brake rotors being warped. A certified mechanic will be able to diagnose this issue for you and provide you with the service necessary for repair. If you'd like, you can request a YourMechanic certified technician come to your home or place of business to perform a Brake System Inspection.