Q: Can a bad fuel filter make the transmission light come on?

My transmission light came on I got it checked a shop and they told me it was the fuel filter

Hi, thanks for writing in. I have not heard of a fuel filter causing the transmission to set a code. I would recommend having an expert from YourMechanic come to your home or office to confirm a diagnosis on your check engine light, and make or suggest the necessary repairs or replacements.

3. Can a bad fuel filter make the transmission light come on?