Q: Camshaft position sensor on my Lexus

What would make the camshaft position sensor go bad? Why is there a recall on my car and why wont the Lexus dealership fix mine? They said that because I used my own mechanic and some parts had been removed and weren't put back, it doesn't meet their standards. They told me to get it back to the required standards and they'd fix it. Can you give me your opinion please. Thanks

A: Hi, thanks for writing in. A faulty camshaf...

Hi, thanks for writing in. A faulty camshaft sensor can indeed cause the engine to run roughly. I would recommend getting the sensor replaced by a qualified professional if you have confirmation that it is faulty. As for the recall, I would recommend going to the Lexus dealership and ask them to inspect your vehicle and give you a detailed explanation of what exactly is not up to their standard. Considering that they would be the one to warrant the recall issue, their inspection would have to be performed and their recommendations would have to be met. Hope this helps, best of luck.