Q: Q: Camshaft position sensor

My car threw a P0015 code for the camshaft position sensor on the intake side. I purchased a new one and put it on. Cleared the code. 500 or so miles later the engine light came back on throwing the same code. Where to go from here? Thanks!

Hello there, when the camshaft position sensor codes are seen with your 2008 BMW 328xi there is a variety of causes. The most common cause is a faulty camshaft sensor. If replacing the sensor does not help there are still a few other potential causes such as dirty engine oil, a wiring harness fault, or a engine timing issue. A qualified technician from YourMechanic will be able to diagnose your camshaft sensor and make any repairs required.

3. Q: Camshaft position sensor