Q: Camshaft position sensor

My car threw a P0015 code for the camshaft position sensor on the intake side. I purchased a new one and put it on. Cleared the code. 500 or so miles later the engine light came back on throwing the same code. Where to go from here? Thanks!

A: Hello there, when the camshaft position sen...

Hello there, when the camshaft position sensor codes are seen with your 2008 BMW 328xi there is a variety of causes. The most common cause is a faulty camshaft sensor. If replacing the sensor does not help there are still a few other potential causes such as dirty engine oil, a wiring harness fault, or a engine timing issue. A qualified technician from YourMechanic will be able to diagnose your camshaft sensor and make any repairs required.