Q: cam shafts position sensor location

I have a 2008 chevy malibu ltz v6 that needs the cam shaft position sensor replaced, but I'm having trouble locating it.

The cam sensor is located just above the water pump in the center of the motor behind the power steering pump. The sensor is replaced by removing the power steering pump for access. There is one connection and one hold down bolt for it. If you’d like to have an expert do this for you, a technician from YourMechanic can come to your home or office to replace the camshaft sensor.

3. cam shafts position sensor location