Q: Cam shaft sensor cost 2009 g37 infinity sedan

The car randomly stars to lose power if I try to give it gas it jolts and when I let off it continues to decrease in power, vdc off light comes on also the ses light as well as the slip lightcomes on

Hi...I will help you with this. Your vehicle has two separate camshaft position sensors. Each sensor would have to be directly tested using an automotive scope (like an oscilloscope), or a manufacturer specific code scanner (attached to the OBD-II port under the dash) before you could even consider replacement. Inasmuch as there are many, many causes of "reduced power", the issue you are having needs to be diagnosed first. It is only after the fault is pinpointed, and everything else is ruled out, that a mechanic would recommend buying a part.

In view of the large number of possibilities, I recommend you request a Reduced Engine Power Diagnostic. In your circumstance (i.e., your SES light is on), the vehicle’s powertrain control module (PCM) has stored one or more diagnostic trouble codes that will identify the "general area" in which the fault lies in the engine management controls. Although the throttle control system is a common trouble area when with reduced engine power, there are quite a few other components and systems that could come into play and, of course, there is always the possibility of multiple, or "coincident", faults. Here are some of the possibilities that YourMechanic dispatched technicians would consider:

Defective throttle position (TP) sensor
Defective oxygen sensor
Defective accelerator pedal position (APP) sensor
Loose or damaged wiring
Defective throttle body
Defective powertrain control module (PCM) (not typical; ONLY if a long, long list of other possibilities is ruled out)
Any fault/error that will affect drivability function
Any fault/error that will affect vehicle performance
A fault/error in the emissions system
A fault/error in the throttle control system
A fault/error in the transmission control system

If you request the recommended diagnostic the mechanic will get this resolved for you. If you have further questions or concerns, do not hesitate to re-contact YourMechanic as we are always here to help you.