Q: Cam advance solenoid code

My car is giving me a hard code for the cam advance solenoid. And as soon as I drive my car, the traction light goes on.

A: Hi. I'm guessing you are talking about ...

Hi. I'm guessing you are talking about code P0010 camshaft position actuator control circuit. This code indicates there is a problem with the variable valve timing (VVT) system. Potential causes include incorrect timing (stretched or jumping timing chain), VVT circuit wiring problems, a failed valve control solenoid or lack of oil to the VVT actuator. Your traction control light it likely a separate problem. The first step in diagnosing the traction light is to retrieve the stored diagnostic trouble codes. A trained professional, such as one from YourMechanic, can take care of both of these problems for you.