Q: Buying this mustang ran out of gas on freeway starts maybe 5 seconds then dies

Ran out of gas added gas then sometimes it will start maybe 5 seconds then dies

It sounds like you may have a faulty fuel pump that may have been damaged as a result of running it out of fuel. As you may know, today’s fuel pumps require the fuel to keep them cool and lubricated. When the motor is run dry out of fuel, this can cause the fuel pump to heat up in excess of what it should potentially causing damage to the pump by overheating it. As a result, depending on the extent of the damage you may experience issues related to maintaining proper fuel pressure and fuel flow. I would recommend having a professional from YourMechanic come to your location to diagnose and inspect your fuel system.

3. Buying this mustang ran out of gas on freeway starts maybe 5 seconds then dies