Q: Buying a car with an emtpy radiator

Hello, I'm trying to buy a van at the moment and I've been looking at a few lately. I just had a look at a Nissan Serena today and it was all very good but the radiator was empty (or almost, I couldn't tell) and there was some calcareous on the radiator. The sellers have the car since one month and they've never checked the levels. So it's impossible to know when was the las check. Would you strongly advise not to buy that car ? Thank you for your help.

I would not advise any vehicle gets purchased without a pre purchase inspection like one from YourMechanic. This way you would know if the vehicle has an engine head gasket or other coolant leak.

3. Buying a car with an emtpy radiator