Q: Burnt out headlight socket replacement

Is anyone experienced in replacing the headlight ballast in a 2008 Lexus IS 250. The dealership wants me to replace the entire headlight for almost $1500 when I know the ballast can be replaced. Anyone experienced in this and can give me a quote?

While I have installed aftermarket hid kits, I have never replaced a factory hid ballast on it’s own. Most manufacturers are similar to Lexus. They do not offer replacement parts for the headlights. Merely complete headlamp assemblies. Your best bet would be do search the internet (Ebay, Amazon,etc) for aftermarket replacement headlamps or a good , used original headlight. In either case, the cost would be far less than going with a new, original replacement.

3. Burnt out headlight socket replacement