Q: Q: Burning oil

When I start the truck it sometimes shots very little blue smoke out. And then when I drive it's fine when I come to a stop and sit for a minute or more then press gas and take off it blows smoke sometimes pretty bad. But if I stop and quickly go it doesn't do it. Any advice will be helpful.

There are a number of reasons that the truck could be burning oil, the one most likely to make it burn oil while driving would be a failed oil control ring on one of the pistons, and the second most likely bet would be a failed valve guide or valve stem seal. With 250,000 miles on your truck, it would be tough to justify tearing down the motor to replace an oil control ring and not doing complete rebuild, including new valve stem seals and valve guides. You can have this diagnosis verified by a qualified technician, such as one from YourMechanic, who will then be able to suggest an appropriate repair path for your truck.

3. Q: Burning oil