Q: Bronco not staying started after sitting

Car has been sitting for roughly 2.5 years. My main problem is that the Bronco cuts out when running at speed for approximately 45 minutes. Once it stalls, I have to wait about one hour before it will start again. My thinking is that I need to replace the fuel pump and fuel filter, and maybe drain all of the old fuel.

If your vehicle has been parked for that long, draining the fuel and changing the filter might be a good idea. But if it is running for 45 minutes, this is probably not the issue. When a vehicle runs for a while and turns off, it might mean the issue is temperature related. Electronic modules were common failure items in vehicles with the 5.0L. The ignition control module controls the spark that ignites the fuel in the cylinders. Once the module gets hot, it stops working and your car dies. After it cools down, it goes back to normal until it gets hot again. Eventually it will stop working all together. These modules have solid state wiring and require special testers to check them. Seek the help of a professional technician, such as one from YourMechanic. They should have all the proper tools and information to properly test the module on your vehicle and provide an accurate diagnosis of your starting issue.

3. Bronco not staying started after sitting