Q: broken wheel stud

I had my car in for service and now have a missing lug and the ture stud was broken by their service Tech. They swear up and down that they did not do this. Anyway I do have to wait a couple of days for the replacement. I do have an extra lug and put it on the stud and was capable of threading it. Would it be wise to torque it down and drive on that for the next couple of days or should I just leave it off? I was told by their tech that I should have zero problems with a missing lug for a couple of days. Which my in depth Google searches have confirmed.

You can put the lug nut on and try to tighten it, but not to full torque. My concern is that with only a few threads holding the nut, it may strip the threads and you may loose the lug nut. You should be fine to leave it off, if you choose to, but I like to be as safe as possible. Try to not push the car too hard in the corners until it is fixed. They designed the vehicle to have a certain number of lug nuts for a reason.

3. broken wheel stud