Q: broken rear sway bar on driver side

Sway bar has totally severed off of the bushing assembly I have a zip tied up because it was clanking is it safe to drive my car

A: Hello. I would not drive the vehicle with a...

Hello. I would not drive the vehicle with an inoperable sway bar, as the sway bar plays an important role in the handling characteristics of the vehicle. Depending on which sway bar it is, the vehicle may experience handling or stability issues. A broken sway bar link is usually inexpensive and simple to replace. I recommend having a certified mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, come to your car’s location to inspect and replace your vehicle’s sway bar if necessary.