Q: Broken power window left

I can’t get the left front power window on my Torrent 3.4L to roll up or down. I’ve tried to pull it up with both hands and tried pushing it up from the bottom. I checked the fuses, rattled the motor, disconnected and reconnected it 10 times, and pushed the switch while trying to pull up the window. I'm still not sure what’s causing the problem. Whether it could be the regulator, motor or switch. But now I need to manually roll it up. It’s pouring buckets of rain. Fixing it is going to have to wait. Is there any way to roll up a power window manually?

A: Hello! The problem is more than likely a fa...

Hello! The problem is more than likely a faulty window regulator. The only way to get a window back up when the window regulator is locked up is to disconnect the window from the regulator. You must do this by removing the door panel and disconnecting the bottom of the window from the regulator saddle.

Be careful when disconnecting the window from the regulator because it will have no support when you disconnect it and will fall freely.

If you need assistance with this, enlist a qualified technician who can diagnose the issue with your car's windows and make the necessary repairs.