Q: Broken dog bone motor mount causing me not to have 5th gear , need to know that's why I don't have it

Just got 01 Jetta , was told becaus of the broken dog bone motor mount it was causing 5th to not want to go in or stay in but reverse still works fine and j was told they were on the same driveline , just need to know some info on what'll happen

Usually if one motor/engine mount is worn or broken, the remaining mounts are most likely badly worn and probably need replacement as well. Especially if the vehicle has been driven for some time with one broken mount. That puts added stress on the remaining mounts. This makes it very possible that the shifter linkage is bent or broken, not allowing it to operate in it’s correct travel distance/pattern. Have a certified technician inspect or replace the engine/trans mounts then verify that the shifter linkage is properly aligned.

3. Broken dog bone motor mount causing me not to have 5th gear , need to know that's why I don't have it