Q: Brittle bad quality interior

I am really not impressed with the quality of the door panels on the inside of my 2006 Jeep Grand Cherokee. The plastic seemed to grow brittle and develop little cracks over the 57,000 miles I’ve driven it since buying it new. Recently, one door handle on the inside broke off! This seems really avoidable. Is there any inexpensive fix for this?

This is a common issue for Jeep interiors and the only real fix is to replace the inside door handles and door panels as needed.

For commonly failed parts, aftermarket parts are usually less expensive and more readily available on vehicles out of warranty. They are often designed to meet or exceed the quality of manufacturer parts but that doesn’t guarantee they will last any longer.

Keep in mind that door handles are replaceable but the process requires the door panels to be removed. This removal can cause even more damage to brittle door panels even if the mechanic is very careful during removal.

A certified mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, can replace your interior door handle and panels.

3. Brittle bad quality interior