Q: Break fluid leak

I'm concerned about my car. I was told that my break line is leaking because every time we put break fluid in the car It runs right back out. And when I get my breaks done they are good for about 2 weeks then next thing I know my car won't come to a complete stop without me applying the emergency break...Can you tell me what's going on?

Hello, This may suggest that your brake pads are worn and due to be replaced or that you have a leak somewhere in your brake hydraulic system. The brake reservoir has a sensor inside that detects when the brake fluid reaches a certain point which generally indicates that it is time to replace the pads. As your pads wear thinner and thinner over time, the brake lines require more and more brake fluid to maintain the same amount of hydraulic pressure in the brake lines. As a result, the brake fluid level sensor will trigger a warning light indicating that the brake fluid level is low. I would recommend having an expert from YourMechanic come to your location to diagnose and inspect your vehicle.

3. Break fluid leak